Alaska 2024: Anchorage

My sister Rachel and her husband moved to Alaska last summer, and I'll admit it's been a lonely year without her being down the street to call up any time I want to run errands or watch a movie. Rachel and I are only 14 months apart, and now she is due with a baby who will be 14 months younger than my baby.  We finally made the trip to visit them this last August.  

Flying with a baby is not fun, but Beckham was a TROOPER.  I bought him some new toys, headband bluetooth earphones, and a tray to slip over the tray table, packed lots of snacks, and downloaded some videos he likes.  Even better, the girl sitting next to us was more than happy to move to an empty row so that Beckham could have his own seat.  He did pretty well for a busy little guy who had to be on a plane for several hours.
Our first night in Alaska, we had dinner at 49th State Brewery.  The next morning, the guys left to go fishing.  Rachel and I spent a few relaxing days exploring Anchorage and the surrounding area. We walked around Earthquake Park, where the earth dropped a dizzying amount during the earthquake several decades ago. We visited a waterfall. We stayed back for the evenings and watched movies together like the good old days. 






A view from Earthquake Park


At the Petsmart parking lot, because Beckham is always excited to see kittens










No comments:

Instagram