*I apologize. I meant to have this done on Sunday, but I guess Wednesday works. Just pretend it's Sunday.
- With a three day weekend, we've had a lot of time to do stuff, even if it doesn't feel like it. On Friday morning we got up and left on two hour drive to the Out of Africa Park. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Yes, there were many fascinating animals, from the big cats to the zebras to the cockatoos. Being the animal-loving family that we are, it was a really cool experience. These animals seemed to be really well taken care of despite the park not being government funded or anything and they were really friendly. Though don't ask me why Adam held the carrot in his mouth for the giraffes to eat.
- As soon as we got home, I got ready and went to Tesah's birthday party. Her birthday was actually a month ago, but we just love her too much to not celebrate, even late. We watched Tangled and ate ice cream. Happy late birthday girly!
- Saturday I was woken up early once again to find out that we had to drive to Mesa to help put together thousands of flyers for Actors Youth Theater. Yikes! Rachel and I were assigned assorting them in piles pf thirty, though we figured out that judging by size is much more efficient than counting out every single paper. Still, I was glad to be entertained by other people's arguments and annotations of The Hunger Games. After a few hours, Rachel and I had to slip away to rehearsal for AYT's performance for the Gilbert Global Festival. More information will be coming about this later...
- Once I got home from that, I got a bunch of texts asking me if we were going to see the Easter Pageant. So I spent another few hours trying to organize everything so we could go, figuring out along the way just how much of a pain texting can be. I ended up calling a lot of people, though I still think the old fashion method of meeting everyone up in person beforehand would have been the best. At one point, I accidentally hung up on Paige right as she started to say something else. As I expected, my phone started to ring immediately after. ~"Oh, hey, sorry!" ~"Hello, this is Doctor McOmber." Whoops. This wasn't Paige... it was Bryan's dad. I had tried to call Bryan a few minutes earlier, but he hadn't picked up. Is this Doctor Lundgreen?" ~ "Wait... Did you say "Doctor" Lundgreen?" "Yeah!" And then he started talking fast and using all these technical terms so I couldn't understand him. Meanwhile, I seriously could have sworn that I heard Bryan laughing in the background, so I thought this was some sort of prank. "Okay, I am REALLY confused!" I exclaimed. "Is Bryan there?" His dad laughed again, said something else, and hung up. What the heck?! But as it turns out, it was not a prank. His dad actually works with a doctor with my same last name! Which means I must be related to that person, because even the Lundgreens in Denmark are related to my family. Anyway, it ended up being me, Bryan, Lindsey, Paige, Karisa, and Haley, and we met up and went to the temple armed with laughter and animal crackers. It didn't start for a while, so we just chatted. We found out that when he lies on his back and someone slaps his abs, he sounds hollow. Like a drum. So now he's become our one-man band. Once it did start, I brought out my dad's binoculars and got a great view considering how far back we were sitting. It was amazing. With beautiful music, touching script, and outstanding sets and costumes, it really brought out the spirit of Easter. My eyes were definitely burning.
- And then you've got Easter. Easter baskets, Easter eggs, Easter dresses.... I think pictures tell all. Though I swear never again to where that dress; though it fit my height and waist, it left a centimeter wide and deep indentation in my shoulders and crushed all the air out of my lungs, if you know what I mean. Yikes. I guess I got compliments? Still not worth it. Anywho... For dinner, our cousins came over. We ate the tradition fancy ham dinner and basically hung out. Yup. We played the random name game where you try to guess who wrote down what together, and Mom and I were both pretty good. Kendall wondered how on earth I knew she wrote Fat Albert, while Mom was annoyed that I guessed her Sherlock Holmes so quickly. I dunno. I just knew.
But I just want to keep in mind the true meaning of Easter and this lovely spring season. As the kaleidoscope blossoms burst from the soil and children's laughter ricochets off the wind, remember the Father in Heaven that has blessed us so much, that has gone even so far as to sacrifice His Son in order to bring us back to Him.


No comments:
Post a Comment