Magnify

  Today Rachel and I performed at the Gilbert Global Festival with Actors Youth Theater.  There were around a dozen of us, and we did the songs Master of the House, Heart Full of Love, Friend Like Me, Anything Goes, America, When You're a Jet, and Somewhere.  Rachel and I sung solos in Anything Goes.    Anyway, we've been having rehearsals for several weeks now, so it's quite nice to have that over with.  And I love every opportunity to take the stage!
  At five-thirty I had to go to the Haymore's house to babysit.  They have been friends to the family for almost nine or ten years now, so either me or Rachel typically get asked to watch the three kids.  This time was my turn to say yes.  And it was so much fun!  Usually I cannot get them away from the TV, but for that same reason their mom unplugged it and gave us the chance to think of something more creative.  So, we played the wrestling game and became scientists.  With their electric microscope, we carefully examined hair, skin cells, grains of salt, banana peel, leaves, grasshopper abdomens,  and Max's saliva.  We also created an aquarium for brine shrimp in a little bowl.  Despite being among thousands of other teeny eggs that can last up to five years in the sealed bag they came in, apparently the twenty-someodd eggs we sprinkled into our saltwater/yeast mixture will start to hatch tomorrow.
   Even if I didn't get to finish my bazillion homework assignments, I think it was a very simply but satisfying day.

No comments:

Instagram