Middle of the Night

  I can never decide whether I like going to bed/getting up early or staying up late/sleeping in better.  That fresh accomplished feeling... or that partyish/screwit/summertime teen rebel feeling...
  As you can tell, it is 1 AM and this week my melatonin has refused to kick in till quite late.  Thus I guess it's the second. But it's OK.  There's nothing better to do in the middle of the night than blog, sketch, edit photos, play my electric keyboard with earbuds, write short stories for my BF/read the ones he sends me, eat, or watch scary movies {three this week alone} so that Rachel and I have to share her obnoxiously comfy bed for protection.
 But seriously, sleep?  Pshhht, though be proud of me: the sleep I've gotten is good enough that I'm actually remembering my dreams.  A rare thing.  This summer I've had dreams that it was still the last week of school, that I was Katniss Everdeen, that I was pregnant for absolutely no reason at all and was totally chill about it too.  Though I guess that's not as bizarre as Rachel's dream that she was pregnant with elephant twins and only a pregnant woman could activate the dishwasher.
  Life's good. I've had super fun datenights doubling with his parents for dinner and icecream {oh I am too clumsy, but pool stores are good time killers}, datenights with others minigolfing and watching the sunset from Hole in the Rock...  I've had plenty of rehearsals for the show I am in and am loving...  I've hopped the wake and posed a peace sigh wakeboarding... I've decided that I like going places with my mama cause she too likes to go out to eat and shop for cute things, but she is also not afraid to splurge while Daddy's at scout camp with Adam...  I've been home alone with Rachel at night when suddenly there was a pop and we were plunged into total darkess...  I've jumped on the trampoline at midnight and attempted to sleep in a two-man tent with three siblings before they remembered that Arizona is a desert and that a desert can be quite hot...  I've learned not to say Adam's name in Pig Latin... I've not even contemplated school...
  You know, though I've become slightly lonely deprived of friends who scatter for vacation, I do like summer.  A lot.  

No comments:

Instagram