Footloose

As one last hurrah before I got a new job and ended my senior year, I auditioned for AYT's Footloose and got the part of a Bomont High cheerleader.  
It's been years since I've participated in any theatre, but it was so fun to kick off my Sunday shoes for a little dancing, singing, and acting.  We were rehearsing and then performing not quite every day in January, yet it was so worth it.  I love immersing myself in story world, and in an '80s-country setting, the costumes, makeup and hair were a blast.  And one thing that's so great about theatre is how close we get to be as friends-- it was so hard to end the show and suddenly not be seeing each practically 24/7!  These are surely some of the sweetest, most talented, fun-loving and hilarious kids I've ever been around.  
I don't know if Footloose is the last show I will ever be in, but whether it is or not I will forever be grateful for the chance to be in front of the crowd, to dance till I'm panting, to make precious memories and learn Ren McCormack's message:  THIS IS OUR TIME.

*these are not my photos.  I got them from the Phoenix Stages website.
It was weird to see Tyler play the part of the cruel, bad-a Chuck.  I've known him since I was a baby in Boston!
Since Footloose, I've hung out a ton with some of the Bomont teens. In the front row from left to right, you can see Jessie (Ariel), Lois (Urleen), Adyson (Rusty), Jessica (Wendy-Jo), Kale (Ren) and Dallin (Willard); you can also see our CD rapper friend Joey J in the white shirt in the picture above this and Dale on the top second-to-left of the first picture.   Whether we're in a group-message swapping our most disturbing action-shot stage photos or chillaxing in the hot tub, these people know how to make anything enjoyable.
On the left: I must brag that Kale is National Youth Actor of the Year and  Jessie Jo has also won statewide awards.  Man, was it great to work with such a phenomenal cast!



No comments:

Instagram