Simple Entertainments

Here's a few quotes to give you an idea of what my weekend was like:

  • "I'm a rat-finder." Sophie, A Moment of Proud Self-Discovery
  •  "The ground is a battlefield." (dramatic pause) "Bacteria fight.  See there next to your feet?  There's a bacteria battle going on. And there.  And there. Everywhere." -Eric
  • "Did you know that women make an average of 78¢ per hour less than men?  It adds up, you know.  We should do lesbian strikes, where all the women of the planet refuse to be with men.  Let's see how quickly men change their minds about gender inequality after that!" -Rachel

Friday night Dallin and I played some laser tag with a big group of kids for the MORP day date {he got first place out of dozens of people; I failed miserably}.  On Saturday, it was just me and the younger two kids at home, so I bought them vanilla cones from McDonald's and took them on a walk around the Riparion before going to eat at  Costa Vida and riding back in the convertable with the music blaring.  These kids are so darn curious, and I'm pretty sure Sophie's going through that phase where everything is mysterious and every conspiracy theory is real.  They love animals too {like me!}  That night they were absolutely delighted when Dallin surprised us by showing off and starting a water gun fight.


I forgot to put this one into the collage.  I edited like 1.5 photos in the whole batch and then got lazy cause they were all taken on phones anyway.

No comments:

Instagram