Time is Ticking

      Wow, I am feeling so happy with the present.  Although I wouldn't say I love school right now {I don't really understand many of my classes except for art, which is great because I can just sit there paiting the whole hour all by myself listening to my iPod- an introvert/future design student's paradise} but I survive the other classes by sketching away the time. Maybe that's terrible.  But aside from that, I'm really trying to live in the moment.  I have just 51/2  months before I leave AZ for good {which is CRAZY} so  I've enjoyed making the last little while worth it.
         We have a litter of puppies at my house right now, seven little cuties who are now 21/2 weeks old and love to use their newly-discovered voice boxes in the weirdest ways possible as well as chew on each other.  One of my new favorite memories now is when Dallin & I fell asleep on the couch with one of the pups cuddled up asleep between us.
unedited photo proof of my ability to do the dishes with an arm and rock a baby retriever to sleep in the other
         My New Years Resolution was to work out an hour every day.  I know it's not that impressive, but for someone who is in no sports / has no gym membership and has to be completely self-motivated, I'd say it's pretty good.  At least it's better than what I used to do {going home and goofing off on the internet with a dessert in hand}.  I was dedicated for a little until I got sick for two weeks and then got slammed by the amazingly fun business of Footloose-- but now that that's over, I've already started to get back into it.  Honestly, once I get into the habit, I love love love working out and can be frequently seen with a huge grin as I go running along the road.  I just know that I feel a million times better when I'm constantly excersizing, which also motivates me to eat healthy so I don't have to "work it off," which makes me feel even better.  The workout changes every day, but I usually do 30-40 minutes of cardio followed by 20-30 minutes of various Pinterest strength-training excersizes.
     Anyway, enough of my rambling.  Drumroll for the unbelievable thing I've been dying to say...
THIS GIRL JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO BYU HAWAII.
Yes, I said it.  I found out last night while out at a restaurant with a big group of friends and pretty much freaked out.  My mom called to tell me and I almost couldn't believe my ears.  Could this be true?  My whole childhood I thought I'd never actually grow up, but now I'm actually getting ready to go to school in tropic paradise with kids from countries across the globe.  Like my hard work actually paid off, after years of dedicating practically all my time and efforts to make sure I was good enough to go to college.  I'm so excited.   I feel so blessed.
  But back to what I was saying earlier, I'm happy with the present.  I don't wanna go away quite yet because I wanna enjoy all the time I can with these amazing family and friends.

No comments:

Instagram