Also this week I've been trying really hard to get better health habits. I work out for an hour at least five days a week and have cut out a lot of calories. Sometime I will watch documentaries for an hour on the treadmill, another time I did 1000 squats and was quite confused when not my legs but my ARMS were sore. What?
Fortunately, I worked myself a little too hard and ended getting all of my homework done early. That meant another three-and-a-half days of solid break. I've enjoyed the hike to PCC Falls and LOTS of book brainstorming/organization time.
Along with this, I've watched some videos from return missionaries who served in my same area and I am so excited. Yes, I know it will be hard, but the closer I get the more anxious I am to find out for myself what it's all about. I will be living in Europe! I will be giving to the people something that has been the number one most incredible part of my life, something that can influence them for the better and let them know the wonderful purpose of our existence! Yes college is great, but a mission should be something so much bigger. It will no longer be about myself anymore.
Today I had the wonderful opportunity to hear Elder Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles speak to the school about how, although many will tell us that the Millennial Generation is lazy, self-absorbed and irresponsible, we instead are a generation who can choose to be great. I'll admit, this week has been hard in ways that I won't say here... but this talk gave me so much hope and joy. When times are hard, I just need to remember that I have SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR. I have the Gospel, I have a loving family, I have enough money to live comfortably, and for goodness sake I'm getting a college education in Hawaii!


No comments:
Post a Comment