Ja, Si, Yes



My new method of being productive and entertained at the same time: pretend I'm on the treadmill and watch a whole episode of Netflix while jogging in place with the fan pointed at me. I already get enough weird looks from my roommate when I do other exercises like minute-handstands with my stomach against the wall or when I do leg lifts on the floor... so I figure how much weirder could this dorm room exercise be?
    Today I made the mistake of watching Yes Man with a group of 19 and 20-year-olds.  Now it's a competition to say yes to everything {within school standards} until the last man is standing.  Everyone has to pitch in and buy this winner dinner at a restaurant of their choice.  Boy am I scared for the things we will be asked to do... I've managed to hide out in my room writing for the past few hours, but I know I can't stay holed up forever.  Soon I will be facing the challenges made up by people who believe in the mighty Coin Toss and What Are the Odds.  
    On a different subject, I have always wanted that girlfriend who I could go to for anything.  The kind of BFF who I could confide in... who also confides in me... who understands rather than dismisses my weird fears... goes to the gym with me... talks about boys... shares Tahiti bread and unbuttered popcorn... lets me drag her around when I want to be adventurous on my birthday... doesn't judge me for my stupid choices {at least vocally, haha}... tells me about her favorite songs... listens to me as I ramble on the most random tangents about events in my life that happened ages ago... Anyways, I could go on and on, but Lexi is that kind of friend for me. I remember the first time we met was after senior prom, when our group changed into jeans and hoodies and played Honey Do You Love Me.  Dallin introduced us because we were both going to BYU-H, and although we didn't exactly become friends at that point, I got to hang out with that group twice more for a game of Signs and then for an all-nighter in the desert after graduation.  When we first arrived to campus, I decided to just text her and see how she was doing.  I am so glad I did-- she immediately invited me to go to the beach and dinner with her mom, and it was then that I realized how much I wanted her as a friend.  Words cannot describe how grateful I am to her for helping me get through my both the best and the times of my freshman year.  

No comments:

Instagram