Luzern in Der Nacht

  The greatest agony of leaving Europe was that giant piece of my heart left beneath its ancient streets. I knew saying goodbye in August would be hard, but as my feet once again landed on Old World soil, I had a feeling that I was doomed to a future of restless wanderlust. No goodbye COULD be my last, for I loved it too much.

     When laced with Christmas lights, nighttime Luzern is a sight to behold. Of course, when I say nighttime I mean like 5:00 because it's dark enough to be 9. We strolled across the ancient bridge, where the city reflected orange across the blue waters, and castles loomed overhead. Finding an affordable dinner was a challenge until we remembered the Christmas market right beneath our balcony-- so a meal of Flammenkuchen, bratwurst and raclette we ate! Our hotel was above the oldest restaurant in Luzern.










No comments:

Instagram