Neuschwanstein


Was it madness or brilliance that brought the dreams of King Ludwig to life? Perhaps the world will never know, and yet as one wanders through his magnificent castle, t can only gape in awe at the spectrum of his creativity.  I was amazed at the tiny details etched into every visible surface, from murals of old legends to intricate mosaics to Byzantine metals and color schemes.
But greater than any fantasy was the chance I had the Sunday previous {in Singen} and then that same evening {in Augsburg} to reunite with people I cared so deeply about.  I didn't realize how much I missed them until I was in their sweet embraces. I think we were all swept up in old precious memories; tears were shed. My parents and I were treated to a lovely lunch and then dinner in Uberlingen following a townsquare Christmas meeting.  How surreal it was to walk the same streets that I used to talk with strangers about Christ.  How incredible it was to sit back in the same pews listening to the beautiful German language as my old friends shared their testimonies.  









No comments:

Instagram