Not Quite Swiss, But Close Enough


We attended a random early sacrament meeting and then back to the road we returned. We wove through Provo Canyon till we reached the end and then continued to Heber. 
"I wish I knew the name of the place where I went that Easter with my freshman roommates," Rachel sighed. 
"Was that the time you sent me the picture with you all jumping?" I asked. She nodded. 
"I remember! It's called Jungfrau Avenue or something like that.  The location was tagged on the picture you sent me-- as a missionary I thought it was funny because it means 'Jungfrau' means 'virgin' and I didn't know why the street had a German name."
Sure enough, we found ourselves in Midway, Utah, where many of the cottages are built in Swiss imitation. We followed the map up the arching hills where the angled streets were named after cities like Luzern. At the top, the view was phenomenal and I was swept back to memories of Europe. 








That night over the dinner table, my dad's brother shared stories of their growing up years. We stayed up late watching a comedy, and then the next morning my mom insisted on stalking us up on groceries.  After a Brazilian lunch, we were back off to the airport and away she went! 



No comments:

Instagram