In the Full Swing of Things




Because things have gotten a little hectic with school, here is a bullet list of events that have transpired since I returned from Mexico:
  • Dad dropped Rachel and I off with Adam, a Freshman here with us at BYU. While here, we visited Swiss Days, which I have been looking forward to for an entire year.  I wore my dirndl and everything, expecting to find a genuine Swiss festival with authentic Swiss meats and cheeses and all of my mission buds running around. Unfortunately, these Utah vendors were instead selling things like "Swiss tacos" {really just Navajo Tacos}, but it's alright. I was quite satisfied with my candied almonds and Zopf {a soft pull-apart bread}. We ended up having a peaceful little picnic in the Canyon.
  • While he was here, we also snuck into Grandma and Grandpa's old property, which was in the family for not quite a century and is now being totally renovated.  Dad is much more gutsy than Mom, which meant that we checked out every nook and cranny of the construction sight and also enjoyed some fruit from the trees that Grandma planted (including Asian pears, plumbs and raspberries), since they were otherwise going to rot anyway. 
  • We visited Becca and Taylor and watched baby Sloane dance her little tush to the beat. 
  • School started.  I am taking Language Development, Speech Anatomy, Acoustics of Music and Speech, Old Testament, and German Cultural History. I am psyched to actually be in my major, and I especially love being able to learn about language acquisition and the process it takes for kiddos to communicate! 
  • I had some heart-to-hearts with my dear high school friends Lindsey and Paige.  Lindsey was actually the one who convinced me that therapy was worth a shot, and told me exactly who to see.  So glad I took her advice way back in May or June; it has definitely changed everything! 
  • There is a huge fire tearing through Utah, a morbid combination of two smaller fires that has gotten completely out of control. The sky in Provo is brown and smells like a campground; people cough throughout class; my roommate's grandparents had to evacuate. Everyone is praying!
  • I THREW A PARTY! Yes, this lil introvert wriggled her way out of her shell and ultimately got together a group of twenty people from the ward to have a pool party {plan changed from having a bonfire because we didn't want to risk that}. There was another group with twenty plus people there too so it was bumpin. Then one of the guys in the ward said he and his friends were driving to see the fire, and when I told him to take good pictures he told me to tag along! So Rachel, my roommate and I drove up with this group of guys and watched the ominous orange glow over the mountains.



No comments:

Instagram