When everyone asks how it feels to be a week away from my wedding, I tell them it's like when you have a week left of your mission. Everyone tells you this massive change in your life is happening, but you're in denial. You can't believe it.
It wasn't until the tail end of my bridal shower that the wedding started to feel semi-real. It was hosted by my mom's best friend, Amy, and co-created by her other best friend Marla. They went all out, with an exotic cheese board, an array of fruits and veggies and a delicious assortment of desserts. The living room was decked with roses.
The bridal shower was 85% old Gilbert 6th Ward; I loved seeing all of my former Primary and Young Women's leaders, many of whom I have known since I was six. In addition, there were Dallin's female family members, my family members, my high school friends' moms, and other dear dear friends from theatre and other areas of my growing-up life. I was spoiled with lots of beautiful, thoughtful presents, from a nonstick pan set to colorful ceramic bowls to gift cards to beach towels for the honeymoon. 88-year-old Grandma Lundgreen got me, in addition to other presents, a broom with a Rubber Ducky dustpan. "I got this same dustpan when I moved here four years ago. Every time I sweep dust off the ground, it makes me so happy. I had never seen it at the store again until this week, and I HAD to get it for you, so that every time you sweep you can also be happy!"
I am seriously so so so grateful for all the love and support I received at the bridal shower! I cannot wait to be Dallin's bride.
![]() |
| my mama and her best friend, Amy, the hostess |

















No comments:
Post a Comment