On the Monday before the wedding, Dallin, Jordie, Jerrae, Mom and I drove up to Payson to take bridals. We met up with Whitney Skyes, our talented and hilarious videographer who I grew up with, and then separately Dallin and I got dressed up in the cramped car. After Dallin walked down to the little ravine, my mom grabbed my arm and helped me over the ragged rocks in my gorgeous gown. I was so scared to get even a smudge of dirt on my dream dress, but when Jerrae told me to fan out my train over the grass, I realized that this week was my one and only opportunity to wear it, and so I was going to have fun with it. Dallin was turned with his back towards me as they told me to walk towards him. I took his shoulder gently and spun him in towards me. He smiled during this first look, and we embraced.
The wind was super strong. Our mothers worried that this would spoil the moment, but for the next few hours we had a ball taking pictures in the mountains. Dallin kept cracking dirty jokes. I tried not to trip in my 6 inch platforms, but being as short as I am I had had quite enough practice. Despite the camera rolling the whole time, it was still funny to realize that our mothers had never seen us kiss so much in our whole lives. Afterwords, we got Thai food and Skyped Adam over in Mongolia.
For the first time, the wedding was starting to feel real. My love was so handsome.
No comments:
Post a Comment