The family dispersed, and Dallin and I remained to take some couple pictures. I had feared that May 11th in Arizona would be too hot to handle after living away for so long, but the heavens shined down on us— it was in the low 80s. After pictures, we had a short window of alone time as we drove towards Grandma and Grandpa Wood's for a luncheon. We jittered in our seats, unable to comprehend that we were actually married. MARRIED. HUSBAND AND WIFE. LEGALLY AND LAWFULLY WEDDED.
For lunch, we had subway sandwiches with the groomsmen and Dallin's family. Since I had taken off my platforms, Dallin lifted me up and carried me into the house while I held onto my draping train and veil.
It wasn't long before we had to leave again for my house. When we arrived just a little before the ring ceremony, I hid in my parents' bedroom so that other family and friends wouldn't see me yet. As I laid down flat on my back with my heavy shoes and trail hanging off the edge, I totally fell asleep for a short ten minutes before family rushed into the room. "The ceremony is in ten minutes!"





















No comments:
Post a Comment