Senioritis + pandemic = Katie falls far behind in everything. However, craziness and all, my very last semester has been too good {or at least memorable} to not document!
I was invited to present at a research conference in Logan, Utah! I have been on the Speech Perception research team for over a year now, so it was incredible to be able to share what we have learned after all this time assessing kids and scoring their results. We have been studying the phonological encoding process in children with speech sound disorder and/or dyslexia. It was also so fun to check out the beautiful clinic and to get ice cream with our amazing professor!
![]() |
| From left to right: Russell photoshopped in, Haylee, McKayla, Rachel, Lauren, short me with my dorky boots, Riley, Emily, Brittney. |
Beyond school, many other things have happened this semester which all feel like an eternity ago:
- Cooper moved into the house with us, and he got a job making ice cream where all the flavors are reminiscent of the colonial era. We frequently visit him, not just for the homemade ice cream but also to see him in his colonial outfit.
- The Urness family came in town and went skiing. Unfortunately I was too busy to join {it was interview week} but it was so fun to see them!
- Gracie frequently turned on Gilligan's Island, which I had never seen before.
- We visited with the Woods at a restaurant. This was the same day that all the schools shut down, and I was shocked to see how packed the restaurant was. It is probably the last restaurant we will have gotten to go inside for the next long time.
- I am very proud to say I beat both Grace and Olivia in a handstand competition. Those girls are so ripped/coordinated I really thought they would beat me.
- They and Dallin also renamed the neighbor's cat "Fishpoop," so for the whole duration of the trip I kept hearing, "Hey I see Fishpoop outside!" OK weirdos.
- Dallin and I fulfilled our relationship dream of starting a garden. The girls helped us to churn up the soil and pull out old roots. Then we bought a dozen types of seeds and started our little planters inside, since it was snowing up till a couple days ago in Utah. We'll see if Cooper remembers to water our garden while Dallin and I are in Arizona.




No comments:
Post a Comment