Meet Arlo: My Quarantine Kitten


 I have been wanting a cat for a very long time, so when classes went online and I was staying home all the time, I knew it was the perfect opportunity. Dallin had at first been saying no, but he was actually the one who started searching Craigslist and KSL so much that cats starting up as recommended! One day I was really sad/stressed out about the pandemic, so Dallin showed me pictures of kittens on KSL to comfort me.  He was very startled when I started to cry.  That's how he knew it was time to get a kitten.
We bought Arlo, born in January 2020, from a family with a lot of kids.  He only had one litter mate, who they were keeping.  At first, he cried as he held him in my lap, but I let him play with my sweatshirt strings and the ribbon I had brought in my pocket. He warmed up very quickly! I expected him to be shy, but he quickly grew confident exploring the house and was cuddling us within hours!
Arlo has two settings: sleeping for hours, or absolute SPAZ, running and jumping from furniture to furniture. He's kind of clumsy and frequently falls off things.  He is very sweet and will curl up on Dallin's lap for hours while he is working, and when I unlock the bathroom door in the morning after a long night sleep, he mews and tries to climb up my leg!








No comments:

Instagram