Arizona Round 3


I was restless. Rumor had it that the lockdown happening in many other states was soon happening in Utah, and I could only imagine the worst.  The worst of course was not that we were to stay at home except to go to the store when needed, but the concept that this virus had gotten so bad that there were government mandates shutting down almost all of society. This was at the tail end of March, maybe the very beginning of April, and looking back a month later, it seems pretty normal now. But at the time I was so worried.  I realized that I would rather be locked down in my parents' house than in Utah, so with little planning Dallin and I hopped in the car with our kitten.  I packed enough outfits for a month, just in case the borders closed.  We had no idea how long we would be there.
We only ended up staying there for two-and-a-half weeks, and I was devastated to have to go back to Utah.  While we were there, I got to know my siblings better than I ever had before.  Of course, the coronavirus is a bad thing, and I ache for people who have suffered through the illness. However, for me the positive outcome of all of this craziness was that, for the first time since I graduated high school, I got time with my siblings undiluted by school, sports, or time with their friends {they are very popular}.  Of course, Dallin and I had to continue classes online {my siblings' school was online but optional; their grades could not go down but would only improve with participation, which was not necessary for Olivia with her 97%s}. But we had the time to watch movies, build puzzles during Conference, go on walks and hikes, laugh about insane dreams, and cook every food we could possibly crave. 














My family loves a game called red ball {I think} which requires a lot of running around the pool table. My family is so competitive that both Liv and my dad slipped on the carpet while booking it. 

The Lundgreens love to tan up to an hour a day. It's a family activity.



Conference was filmed with only the speakers, all of whom were spread apart, in a building that definitely wasn't the Conference Center. The plants were bare, and all the music was recordings from previous conferences.






No comments:

Instagram