Easter 2020

I had honestly forgot what family Easter was like--the last several Easters have been as a poor college student or as a missionary either in Germany or in the MTC.  This time, thanks to the craziness of COVID, we got to be home for Easter for the first time in 5 years.
Dallin and I woke up early to go to his mom's house.  We were surprised to find Easter baskets set up in my parents' kitchen--and what was even more surprising was that my mom had put bikinis in all 4 of the girls' baskets.  Was this really my mom? What happened to her since I moved out?! 
We went to the Samuelsons' for a gorgeous dessert hike with the 3 huskies and Jim's famous ebelskivers.  Then we experienced an extreme egg hunt involving a lot of cash.  To give some examples, $60 were found in the rocks on the opposite side of the backyard wall, and I wiggled free one spring of the underground trampoline and squeezed my way down to find an egg in the dirt, at the expense of my white pants. 




After the Samuelsons, we headed over to the Urness backyard for lunch.  Gracie showed me her ninja warrior obstacle course she had set up, and we picked fresh pecans and oranges.
Then we went back to my house for the traditional ham dinner including rolls that my mom made from scratch.  We had another Easter egg hunt, and I traded Hersey's for all of the kids' robin eggs (malt balls). We also had a lovely Easter lesson. Church may be canceled, but it has been such a neat experience to share spiritual insights with close family and friends at home!





No comments:

Instagram