I feel like my heart been tossed out into the open and can't decide if its a warm, summer day, or a frozen wintery night every time I hear the word "genealogy." I always immediately think of the giant Lundgreen book or the Girouard family website. Both are filled to the brim with many names and dates... photographs and maps... In the Lundgreen book, there are dozens of interesting, funny, sad, or awe-inspiring stories that give life to those people.
But that's it! Those people... In so many cases we don't know who those people are, the ones who are our very reason for existence! They are just a name, a picture... or not even that. Just another mystery floating around the universe from not long after their death...
So now is the time to change that. I am going to learn about my ancestors, but even more importantly I will be the ancestor whose name is not just Katherine Elizabeth Lundgreen-
I was born the first daughter of a strong, LDS family on October, 10, 1996. I have blue eyes and long, dark-golden-tinted blond hair that I prefer to wear straight down. I am five feet tall and weigh ninety-five pounds, more or less. I was baptized at the age of eight. I have five younger siblings named Rachel, Adam, Olivia, Eric, and Sophie. I am a writer, an artist, a gymnast/cheerleader, an actress, a singer, and a pianist. I have always owned a pet or two or more. I am a Freshman at Highland High School. I have read the Book of Mormon three times, half the Dotrine and Covenants, and am 390 pages into the Old Testament. I try to appreciate all the amazing gifts God has given us, even if they don't seem like gifts. I am a truly existing soul.
And isn't this why I am writing, right here, right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment