Four days without any stress. Hallelujah.
Thursday:
Grandma and Grandpa Lundgreen have been staying with us. So on Thursday we spend most of the time in the kitchen preparing for the Thanksgiving feast. At two we went to our cousins' house. There were twenty-two people in all- my family, my grandparents, my cousins, and my cousins' cousins from their mom's side of the family.
Turkey, potatoes, yams, rolls, cranberries, green beans, reunion salad, pies...
It was so fun to meet up with everybody and just chat. Fortunately the adults decided the six oldest girls {it's funny because all three families have girls as the two oldest, one fifteen and one thirteen}- Kendall, me, Jamie, Rachel, Paige, and Corrie- were old enough to sit with them; their conversations are much more intellectual than the little kids' shouting about bacon. Afterwards, us girls, feeling slightly guilty about the amount of food we ate, decided to take a walk on the green belt behind their neighborhood. It was absolutely gorgeous, with a cool atmosphere, glowing greenery, and even a few droplets of rain.
When we got back from the walk, we decided to watch a movie. It was called Sarah's Key, and I don't know whether to say it was a good movie or a bad movie. I do know that it was without a doubt the saddest movie I've ever seen {and I've seen a lot of sad movies}. Let's just say that I am very thankful that I don't live under any of the circumstances any the characters were living under.
To feel happier we watched some funny videos {including BYU Divine Comedy, Kid History, the aftermath of wisdom teeth removal, and parents telling their kids they took their Halloween candy} and then started playing Scum. I didn't remember at all how to play it, but somehow I managed to win all four rounds.
After being together for almost eight hours, we were still sad to leave. So the kids somehow managed to convince the parents to let us have a sleepover, with the six older girls staying and the eight little kids going over to my house. Though Kendall and the parents went up earlier, the rest of us girls stayed up till 3:30 AM {and could've stayed up for hours more} watching a chick flick, playing White Lies and BS {Baloney Sandwich}, and listening to each others' true laughs. Man, I forgot how fun being a stupid teenager is!
Friday
Friday was Black Friday and Jamie's 15th birthday. The three younger girls took forever to get up and then get ready, but we went to Dana Park to eat lunch and shop. After going to Costa Vida, we spent most of our time in the bookstore and then flipping through some vintage calendars at Anthropology. The calendars included all this info about the Zodiac signs, which were so insanely accurate that none of us could put them down, even though we didn't plan on buying them.
Friday night my parents went out to celebrate a friend's birthday, so Grandma, Rachel, and I played Scategories and Monopoly. Definitely a way to make you smarter!
Today {Saturday}
Today has been dedicated to Christmas. The radio blasting songs like The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, we've put up lots of decorations just as I've been waiting for for the past like ten months and twenty-five days, to be exact.
Oh, the wonders of relaxation!
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...
No comments:
Post a Comment