Mom took this picture on Sunday for the family Christmas card. I was very happy to realize that my hair is blonde. I know its strange and kind of really stupid, but ever since summer I've been wanting my hair to be light, especially because it's often a weird color that people can't decide if its dark blonde or light brown. And I have this opposition to dying my hair... other people can dye their hair, but I want mine to be natural. To me it feels like I'd be ungrateful to what I was born with by completely changing my hair color, not like a bit of makeup that can be rubbed off easily... Make any sense? I'll let the sun work its magic, maybe even with a bit of olive oil and lemon juice, but no dye! So you can see how this picture is {stupidly} satisfying.
But this newly-realized fact came immediately back to kick my butt this morning. I had gotten dressed up all fancy with a cream blouse, bluejeans tucked into knitted boots, a warm, wintry fur coat, my hair twisted into a semi-elaborate bun with a floral headband, and then pink crystal earrings and a bracelet. But as I was walking from first to second hour, I saw one of the girls on my cheer squad wearing her uniform. What....? My second hour teacher is also my coach, so, a bit panicked, I asked her if we had a game today. She only gave me a weird look. "Did you not get the text?"
So I called Mom, Dad, and home a total of about five times before third hour, Seminary, and of course no on picked up. During fourth hour, lunch, it took another three attempts before I finally got a hold of Mom. It's at times like these that I'm glad she's a stay-home mom with a flexible schedule! She brought my uniform, problem solved. I just changed and slid my afternoon plans from practice to game.
And apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't know about the game!
But boy, am I am blonde.
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...
No comments:
Post a Comment