So yesterday morning Dad asked if he could download the scriptures onto my iPod and test it out to see if he wants his own. Sure! But when he gave it back to me, he explained that after doing that, Brian, his business partner and the father of one of longest family friends, had decided to download about 200 songs onto my iPod as well, without asking either of us. I was now get to listen to Horton Hears a Who, Susical the Musical, and about fifteen versions of Annie. Though I'm excited about Les Miserables and Aida, you can imaging my reaction to the other songs... Yeah... But love you anyway Brian!
Then today was a half-day at school. When I got home, Mom called and told me about this $2 special at Subway. I had already been planning on eating this really good soup leftover from Monday, so I ate that but went to Subway with Rachel and Taylor when their bus dropped them off. We walked over, and I sat at a table as they ordered their food.
But this lady behind them in line kept glancing at me and then talking to her friend. I didn't pay much attention, but once Rachel and Taylor had sat down and she had ordered her food, she set an extra-large soda cup in front of me.
"Get a drink," she told me, then whispered to her friend, "I got her a drink."
We just stared at the two of them. "Uhh...," I said, definitely bewildered. "Thanks...?"
She started filling her own cup. "Go on, get your soda."
Of course, I was still standing there, unsure what the heck to do. If you know me, I hate soda and the fizziness that burns your throat and makes you burp through your nose. I probably should have payed her back. But she was so insistent and I so shocked that I was just forced to obey her.
As I started getting ice, she leaned over and asked me, "Why didn't you get any food?"
"I already had lunch." I answered her kindly and appreciatively since she was charitable, but really I was so angry.
Like seriously, do I look either too poor to buy a sandwich, or super unhealthily skinny with a look of misery on my face? I'm not anorexic, I'll tell you that.
I love food.
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...
No comments:
Post a Comment