Crazy Fun Weekends

  I must admit that I really love those Fridays that your math teacher bribes you into taking a quiz in exchange for no homework and you get your other homework done while the teacher isn't talking.  A miracle, right?
  Anyway, with school vanished completely from my brain, on Friday I got to go to an "acoustic lineup" for Josh Menden's mission fundraiser.  Like I said on Tuesday, I got to sing as part of a backup group for Firefly, who I found out actually has songs on iTunes!  I was disappointed when I found out that performers were supposed to stay backstage the whole time, especially since I only got about three minutes of on-stage time at the very end.  So we half-heartedly played Pocket Uno and listened to William Joseph play the piano on the other side of the room, something that people pay to hear {and he is definitely a very talented man}.  Luckily we were able to slip into the auditorium about halfway through, and the songs that we heard were absolutely spectacular.  I was blown away at the musical ability that came from people that are not all that much different in age than me.
  Then today- Oh, wait.  It's past midnight now, so I guess that would technically be yesterday...  Anyway, there's a lot of things that happened, so (1) Friday's music inspired me to start writing a song.  I have the first verse and chorus; it's called Time to Fly and we'll see where it goes from there.  (2) I also was finally able to get my hair done.  I haven't been to the salon since August for when school started up, and now it's the end of March.  Since long seems "in" and I can't bring myself to give it up, I kept my waist-length.  But I got lots of layers to give it more of a stylish appearance and to frame/give a broader look to my oblong face.  I also got some bangs that sweep across the side of my forehead just for something different.  It feels so nice! (3) We went to the stake center for the General Young Women's Broadcast.  It was neat cause they talked about this years theme, "Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations."  And I just love to hear the prophet speak.  Not only does he give inspiring lesson, he is so flipping hilarious!  When he got up, he told us that in one country one of the speakers walked up to the podium looked right, looked left, and walked back to his seat.  It had nothing to do with his talk; we were laughing and were all like, "How random!"  (4) Afterwards, we went to Costa Vida with our cousins and discussed The Hunger Games.  Those girls are so fun to chat with!  and (5) Today is my friend Bryan's 15th birthday.  So we were supposed to meet at Discovery Park, but someone said we weren't.  I just asked Tesah, and she said that we were going to Discovery Park.  I went there and couldn't find anyone.  So I called Tesah, and she said that they were at Bryan's house.  Then I turned around and went to Bryan's house.  And guess what.  His mom said they were at Discovery Park.  Really guys?  It was actually pretty funny though, especially when I got there and fell flat on my back when I tried to do a high kick and show that I had mad cheer skills even if volleyball wasn't my best.  After we all failed at that, we walked to Bryan's house, singing eighties music.  At his house was cake, presents, and his baby album.  Bryan was so mad, but all eight of us girls were crowded around his parents as they showed off his pictures, and it became really hilarious when we accidentally saw a back-shot of him as a toddler, stark naked.  The poor kid.  By the time Mom showed up to take the last four of us home, we were  so slap-happy, and it only became worse when we started to chitchat for an extra hour.  But it was so fun! 
  I love this whole high school thing.

No comments:

Instagram