The One

    Someday I will no longer be a crazy teenager.  Someday I will have a husband to cherish for the eternities.  Someday I will have children to come from my own womb to snuggle closely.
  Someday is today, just in the future form.
  It's odd to think that he, my husband, the one, is out there, living, breathing.  Somewhere.  Is he across the world?  Is he in one of my classes?  Obviously he has a name {that will become mine}, talents, a family.  What does he look like {hopefully quite attractive}?  Is he musical?  Does he like animals?  I sure hope he's keeping up with his scripture reading.  Oh, and he better start practicing doing the dishes.
  Just as I wonder about him, I wonder if he wonders about me.  Because of course he doesn't know that his future wife is a short girl whose life is a happy tangle of family, church, singing, writing, drawing, acting, cheerleading, Honors classes, and laughing.
  Whatever the case, we are still connected.  We don't even know it, but our destinies have been forever intertwined. 


  In a couple years, he's probably going to be reading this post and laughing at me and my girly wonderings.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Instagram