Frikken 40

  When I groggily congradulated Mom this morning for turning forty, she shook her head and replied, "I wasn't born until the afternoon.  So I'm still in my thirties."
  "Alright, Mom...  Whatever floats your boat..."
  But now afternoon has come, and she can no longer cling to that last little thread of her thirties.  But look at the picture- can you tell?  A friend of hers on Facebook told her that, "You don't look a day over fifteen...  Your daughters have a run for their money!"  Well, shoot for me and Rachel then!  Though I guess we are as underclassmen trying to look older...
  But anyway, Happy birthday Mom!

*Edit... It was also really fun during the next few days after her birthday to surprise her with her best friend from high school, Catherine, who flew in from California, as well as the huge surprise party she completely shocked to have.  I think she can agree that I deserve some credit for the amount of acting I had to do as she, beforehand, vented to me her frustration that, her "friends won't do anything."

No comments:

Instagram