I can't decide whether I love watching Olympic gymnastics or hate it. I see these girls- my age, by the way- who are so talented and so accomplished, and then I remember that I quit. I mean, come on!!!
But at the same time, if I hadn't quit gymnastics, then I wouldn't have discovered my love for singing or acting or writing novels. I wouldn't have gotten to be a cheerleader, I wouldn't have had the time to focus on Honors classes. And what about my friends and family?
No... Though I will always hold a spot in my heart for gymnastics, it just wasn't something that I could possibly cling to. Though I wish dearly that I could do a front-tuck-double-full on the beam or something crazy like that, perhaps my destiny lies elsewhere. But whatever it is, I will make sure that I live a life with no regrets.
But anyways...I seriously must congradulate the Fab Five on how simply amazing they are!
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Walker is nearly 5 months old, and after spending so long looking forward to January when I would finally get to meet him, I honestly can...

No comments:
Post a Comment