2 AM

    I think there's a point of exhaustion one hit's where they no longer feel tired.  I'm talking, staying-up-till-two-AM-on-a-school-night-doing-homework syndrome.  It's a high school thing, and basically sleep-- wait, what does that word mean again?  It's a price to be paid willingly, though.  I knew what I was signing up for when I had to stay after school for cheer.  We had to wait before for tumbling coach, then tumbled for an hour before waiting for the freshman basketball game to finish.  That went into overtime, so our own didn't begin until over a half-hour past the normal time.  Our game was a blast, but it also went into overtime with more timeouts than possible to count.  My voice was probably destroyed by the amount of screaming for our Highland boys.  At least we won!  But then I didn't get home till past 8 {an hour-and-a-half late}.  Finally, homework!  Basically, I was high off my lack of sleep today.  I literally could not stop laughing in silent classrooms or bouncing in my seat or just plain demonstrating the effects of being four hours short of pulling an all-nighter.
    Three weeks from Christmas.  I don't care if December 21st is the end of the Mayan calender.  I will survive if only to see true relaxation!

No comments:

Instagram