Christmas 2012

    How nice to celebrate the holidays with family.  Grandpa Paul and Nana Hanny swung in town from California, and we also met up with our savvy cousins from across the street.  Like tradition, we indulged in fancy meals both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, received new pajamas, and watched the little kids' reannactment of the Nativity.  Without school the next day, I saw no reason not to stay up  texting and watching Christmas music videos on YouTube, getting extra sentimental by the time it was almost one and the songs I listened to happened to be mixed with clips from Nativity movies.  
    I probably should've thought staying up late through, considering the kids were set about getting up bright and early to open presents.  
But, as always, the cookies and carrots had been devoured and we were shocked by our gifts.  I received a Yamaha electric keyboard with music books!  


     By 9:30, our cousins Kendall and Paige picked up me and Rachel to see Les Miserables.  Rachel insisted that we needed to be there extremely early, and apparently we were, because it didn't start till 11:40 and we were almost the only four there for over an hour {she accused us of being boring for not wanting to sit in the theatre that long, because she's the kind of person who sat in line for The Hunger Games for ten hours and thought it fun, while I went to a 7:00 preshowing and got to enter the theatre only few minutes to spare after getting a fancy dinner}  Even though I was sitting in that same chair for five hours, I will tell you right now that it was fantastic.  In other words, I bawled my eyes out and had a headache for hours as a result of my sobbing.  Rachel told me that I had to take her to see it again tomorrow for her birthday, and I had to tell her no because any more tears shed and I think I'll have lost at least half my body's water weight.
    I've eaten so much junk food that I don't even want to know what my poor stunt group will have to do to lift me up.  Hopefully I'm just kidding, but honestly, I need to work out.  So Livy and I snuck a walk around the neighborhood.  The air was cool and fresh, the breeze brisk, and the lights dazzled in a meadow of electric colors.
    Can I just say, Merry Christmas?



No comments:

Instagram