Janurary-- For the first time in my life, I was able to find a group of friends that I can partyrock with whenever I feel like without fear of being abandoned like so many times before {for various reasons such as moving, finding a new group of friends, or just plain not clicking}. Chelsea, Bryan, Karisa, Lindsey, Haley, Paige, Sam, and Tesah, later joined by McKay, Anthony and Zech. The group keeps expanding. And honestly,I don't know what I'd do without this group of wild ones to keep me on the constant run for adventure.
February-- This month of love I had the opportunity to sing a duet in Sacrament meeting. Though I had performed a little bit before, this helped prove to me how much I enjoy singing and really want my future to involve musical performance. This year was also leap year.
March--Apparently, it was a very happy month. Reviewing over old posts, I had a kind of screw everything -type attitude, and it somehow actually helped boost my grades as well as my smiling. With three friends' birthdays, a few dances to crash, The Hunger Games finally coming out, and an opportunity to sing backup for Firefly, it was quite an enjoyable 31 days.
April-- Easter month, making the cheer squad for my fourth year in a row, and... drumroll...I got my permit! Now, if only I would just get up and take the test for my driver's license...
May-- This month called for the glorious end of Freshman year and oh yeah, Trek! Definitely a challenging experience, pulling handcarts 19th century style, one that made me very, very grateful for those faithful people who came before us and paved the way for the life we can now live today.
June-- I had the fantastic chance to snatch up my passport and hop on a plane with Dad and Rachel to Peru. This was the first time I could actually remember leaving the U.S., and as we traveled to Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu, Paracas, and Iquitos, visiting the modern city, the poverty-filled outskirts, the Amazon jungle, the equator, and ancient ruins, I basically has the best learning experience I could ever hope for.
July-- Cheer camp, Girls Camp and San Clemente, California. Basically, summer.
August-- My sophomore year of high school began. A full schedule {no lunch} with lots of honors classes including duel credit Spanish III, and also the football season started for cheer. I also learned from my extremely-intelligent English teacher that Destiny, the book I had been writing for the past two years, was terrible, so I ditched over two hundred pages and started a completely new novel.
September-- Near the end I got to go on my very first date. My birthday was in only 10 days, so I figured what the heck. Homecoming. And you know how weird it felt to finally have the chance to be paired up {though I learned the hard way single dating = not what I want to do right now}
October-- As of the 10th, I was officially eligible to date and drive {not like I don't have my license or anything...}. I was surprised with a very Sweet 16, and within a few days was called up on another date. Super exciting. And with a few rounds of the question game over txt, I started to realize I was falling for a friend.
November-- Mr. President Obama got reelected. I had seriously hoped for Mitt Romney, but what can I say? I'm not 18. We'll have to see where are country is headed in the next four years. But hey, it was a month of gratitude, so the least I can do is show my appreciation to get my braces off.
December--Obviously, this has been a month of festivities. With Christmas, the air has been filled with lights and music. It has been a month filled with love as well as learning. With the Connecticut shooting, it has been a time of tears. The 21st was dubbed the end of the world, but fortunately, that never happened. And here we still are. Seriously, this year has been spectacular. And I can only cross my fingers that 2013 can even come close to matching up.









No comments:
Post a Comment