The Apocalypse

      My heart races in my breast, pounding with such intensity that my chest heaves and I'm shocked they haven't heard.  Quickly I reajust the black hoodie, pulling it down low and tucking my hair beneath with a last desperate effort to hide my face.  Distant voices call out.  They've yet to discover us, but the flashlights weaving through the cold, dark night pierce my nerves.  "Move!" someone hisses, and we bolt across the wideranged street, the no-man's land.  As the roar of an engine approaches, we dive into the shadows and press our bodies against the ground with adrenaline-induced speed.  One false move, and it's over.
      007 all the freaking way.
      Oh, and did I forget to mention it's the End of the World?  Last day of the Mayan Calener, I hear, December 21st, 2012. Oh deary me-- but at least we're goin' out with a party.

No comments:

Instagram