Broken Innocence

  1 AM and I was sobbing.  How could this be true?  As the tears blurred my vision, I could only pray that I was misreading the information somehow.  But I wasn't, and the salty droplets splattered onto my quivering palms.
  Twenty-six souls.  Twenty-six living, breathing, laughing, young, and precious souls-- shattered.  By just one man.  Just one gun.
  It sickens me.  This is children we are talking about!  Twenty children who, though wild and smiling when their mothers hurried them off to school Friday morning, are now being layed in the ground.  And the six adults who, though having woken up that just two days ago fresh and ready for work, will never again open their eyes.
  I don't understand.  How could this even be possible?  Yet this Christmas the gifts chosen and wrapped and slipped under the tree so lovingly will remain unopened.  I think of all these families and I am distraught.
  I hope these poor people know that twenty-six are now in God's embrace.
  Oh, pray for Conneticut!  

No comments:

Instagram