Hello Happy {with SW Rice Salad Recipe}

  Well, I've since regretted my last post where I listed off all the fried foods and sugars I'd eaten lately.  It's funny when I switch between healthy eating and junky eating because I can TOTALLY tell the difference.  One gives you way more energy and in general you feel happier and just better.
   Now, goodbye dairy, meat, refined sugars and otherwise heavily processed foods {or at least as much as possible}.  Hello colorful fruits/veggies, whole grains, nuts/seeds/ legumes, almond milk and a heck of a lot happier body.

***One of my new favorite lunches, pictured above, is something I came up with from scratch one day. I don't really measure, but I combine till it tastes just right: brown rice, black beans, tomatoes, corn, avocado and cilantro with lots of cumin and taco seasoning and a little garlic salt and onion powder. Bon appetite.***  edit: to switch it up I also tried adding pineapple-mango salsa, lime juice quinoa, bell pepper and onion. this doesn't go with the healthy part, but if you eat it with Frito scoop chips it's pretty delicious.
  I've also discovered the yum factor of lentils, quinoa, chia seed pudding, and frozen bananas {which can be used to make super healthy ice cream if you find the right recipe! recently I tried blending frozen bananas, almond milk, vanilla & cocoa powder and couldn't even tell there was no sugar added!}.  When I feel like a smoothie, I can blend three whole carrots with orange juice and not even taste it with the fruits I add in.  I've done a lot of research, and it makes sense that I feel so much better when I'm eating a more plant-based diet: you lose 90% of the energy on every level on the food chain!  Not to mention the fact that I feel less guilty holding my friends' cute little baby chicks. :)
  Lindsey and I started working out at her clubhouse.  We start off with cardio and then delve into the muscle training.  Our motivation?  A nice cool swim in the artificial beach.  My, what a way to start your day!  

No comments:

Instagram