Anyway, I can't believe how old I've become. Yesterday I started training for a job at a chic boutique called Apricot Lane. Second, I've gotten my schedule back for my senior freaking year of HS:
- Art & Design
- AP Biology
- Seminary
- AP English
- AP Government/Economics
I get home at 12:30, and then I'm going to take two college courses! We're in the process of figuring out what classes I'm taking and whether they will be online or actually at the community college, but it's still wild. Where has the time gone?! I remember seeing the same waterfall on the Road to Hana {that we saw in October} when I was a toddler, and now I've spent half my summer trying to call universities about my options when I leave the house in just another short year. My dream college in BYU Hawaii, and I found out that {as long as I pass all my AP tests, which I should} I will go into my freshman year with over 40 credits!
Like always, I'm in the process of writing a novel and dang is it harder than I ever imagined. I've been working on this one since my sophomore year, but the idea originated from a short story I wrote back before seventh grade and contains a major plot point that I stole from the book I was writing junior high/freshman year {before giving up}. I've jumped around and written several scenes that came to me, but I have a hard time writing chronologically just because I can't come up with the connecting points that go between the major ones. Nevertheless, it's fun developing my main characters and setting. I've absolutely fallen in love with with the protagonist {a dreamy, sarcastic ball of fire} who, poor thing, is forced to disguise herself as a teenaged boy when her homeland flares up with revolution.
But it's kinda scary growing up, and I can only imagine how frightening it would be growing up against your will like my beloved characters do. I'm so mean.
But it's kinda scary growing up, and I can only imagine how frightening it would be growing up against your will like my beloved characters do. I'm so mean.

No comments:
Post a Comment