San Diego Luvin'

  What do you do when you have two weeks of summer and feel like you're about to melt in the 115 degree weather?  Why, pack up the car with six girlfriends and some boogie boards and head on out to California.

  I've always wanted to be a California girl.  Idk why, but there seems to be something so fantastic about being a blondie from the sea-view hills of America's southwestern coast.   So what I'm just some Arizona chick wishing she could escape the desert heat? At least I'm only 2.5 hours from the border of the famed Hollywood state, which means a wave-tossed trip every summer.


{psstt, I've fallen in love with vintage swimsuits.  gimme target, shabby apple, someplace to shop those adorable modest retrowears with the high waists or sweetheart necks or polka dots!}


The trip was short, but after driving we spent two hours at the beach followed by a tour of Old Town. I absolutely love the yellow lights and Latina music and leftover Independence Day Fireworks!  And mmmm the Mexican food!  {I highly-recommended Coyote Cafe`, a charming two-story restaurant with Mariachi bands and all.} I love those charming areas with mixed cultures like San Diego because it's like taking slicing up little parts of the globe and tossing it all together to create a beautiful collage of different people and ideas.  

Day two included all day long at the beach followed by a walk around the pier.  You know, I've always been fascinated by the water.  Unfortunately I'm not a very great swimmer due to malformed eustation tubes that led to many ear infections during my swimming lesson years, but that's OK.  It doesn't stop me diving right in {as long as I'm careful and don't go too deep}.  I mean, it's this cool blue substance that sets earth apart from all the other planets, so why not?  We rode the sparkling waves with our boogie boards till we crashed on the warm sand, seaweed tangled in our hair, and laughed. 


 These girls are so adorable.  Although I don't have the picture, they begged me to pose hipster with them in their hoodies so we could say "KT & da gang."




And finally, we made one last stop at the beautiful LDS temple.  After all the fun and games of the beach life, how serene this eternal castle stood, and we were overcome by a sensation of peace and joy. 

No comments:

Instagram