Well, was this week a party or was this week a party?! First off, I flew by myself for the first time in ten years. And then, when I got home, I found out that my dad and siblings had spontaneously decided to take a trip to San Diego.
So it was just me, Mom, and lots of newborn doggies.
When the puppies are young, there's always the danger of the mother accidentally laying on one in her sleep. To avoid losing a pup to suffocation, we spend the first week watching them 24/7-- and yes, 24/7 includes nights. We took shifts, and I stayed up till 4 AM last night. So how do two women rearrange their biological clocks?
Good question. Answer: food and movies.
We watched so many movies that I lost track, and hey-- it was just the two of us, so we took the delicious opportunity to splurge. Any healthy eating we did earlier in the summer was definitely cancelled out when we bought sushi, shrimp mango tacos, Thai food {yellow curry, skewers with peanut sauce, & coconut ice cream}, breakfast croissants and fried zucchini. I also felt proud of myself for making chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-filled-chocolate-chip-cookie sandwiches. Tsk, tsk, aren't we naughty.
But we might as well have these mom-and-daughter bonding moments, because in a very short year from now I will be leaving home. And then it might be a long time till we can have another movie night. I just love her too much to not take advantage of the time while we still have it.
But oh my goodness gracious, are the puppies absolutely adorable. They are English golden retrievers and they are about the cutest things in the world.
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Our 10-day trip to Europe with a very busy 15-month-old was a success. It wasn’t without hiccups, of course, but after around a dozen fligh...

No comments:
Post a Comment