Schoolgirl

  It's officially been over a week since I flew from Mainland USA to the beautiful island of Oahu.  Three days into classes and I am swamped with assignment after assignment, and although I do wish I could walk ten minutes to the beach for a relaxing swim, I know that I'm at college for a purpose. Fortunately I just learned today that I can get my associates by February!  And as long as I work hard and get straight A's, my tuition will be covered.
 So far, it's a lot different than I expected.  Maybe it's just because BYUH has the student body size of a high school, but I feel much less overwhelmed/lost/lonely than I had initially been afraid of.  Everyone is just so kind and friendly that I feel secure where I am, even if I don't actually know anyone that well.
  I am absolutely shocked at the diversity here.  Like I knew that people came from all over the globe, but I don't think I actually realized how incredible the vast culture would be.  And, of course, Hawaii is astoundingly gorgeous, it's seas an unreal blue and it's sunsets seemingly hand-painted by the gods. Double rainbows streak the sky and everywhere I go the exotic birds sing in endless harmony.    
   Fortunately school isn't the only thing I've done since I got here, but for now here are some phone photos until I can catch up on enough sleep to edit those on the camera.  I'm fully convinced my brain is still on Arizona time.












No comments:

Instagram