Snorkel Crew

The highlight of my week happened at the salad bar, when this girl I had never met came up and said "K this is so random, but you're really pretty."
  Wow.  A compliment can really do a great measure for a person, especially when they feel like they need to be trying harder on a Monday afternoon.  Thank you, whoever you are.
  Anyways, last weekend was a total blast. I had stayed up shamelessly late on Friday, so Saturday I was pleased to sleep in and then just chillax by writing and watching music videos.  Then I joined the group and took the bus up the Sharks Cove for some snorkeling.  I love the endless variety of shapes and patterns that give each species a unique appearance-- from marbled body with purple fins to silver with whitish gold polka-dots to alternating stripes.  I've ultimately decided that school of fish trumps school of learning big time.
We headed to town for shaved ice, and then hopped back on the bus in order to make it back before the cafeteria closed.  Unfortunately, the bus crashed {although no one even realized it happened} and we were stuck for quite a while.  That didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves-- we played some more rounds of psychologist and then, despite missing the caf, got food at Taco Bell.
After saying bye to the boys, us girls were sitting in front of one of the dorms when suddenly the skies just started gushing water.  You must understand, I really wanted to be an adult... but combine pouring rain with being a desert girl and nothing could hold back the child within.  I threw off my beach dress and ran out from the cover, expecting the other girls to give me weird looks.  Instead they joined me, dancing in the rain and jumping in the flooded streets and having fun while the people in the two other dorms shouted and played music for us out their windows.





No comments:

Instagram