The City

  Alright. I'll be honest with you.  New York City is not exactly my family's favorite place in the whole world.  The day we went, it was 100 degrees, and when there's no place to park, so much traffic you want to scream... etc...  Well, you know what I mean.  Also, NY just isn't the place for a big Mormon family.  I didn't like how dirty, in two ways, that it was. 

  But I thought, despite all that, that it was worth the trip.  If you live in the U.S., eventually you just have to go to NY.  Besides, I snapped some pretty sweet photos.
  Although it doesn't show it in this specific picture, there were lots of giant signs advertising Broadway shows.  I almost couldn't believe it when my dad decided to get tickets to Phantom for Mom, Rachel, and I (and then Adam when he claimed he loves that show just as much, which is not possible in my mind).  But unfortunately they were sold out for almost another week, unless we wanted tickets that were $125 each.  Oh well.  At least we tried.
  The Statue of Liberty on the Staten Island Ferry.  How fascinating to think that we sailed the same waters, our eyes upon the great statue, as so many who came to America in search of freedom!

  Who knew that there was a four-story Toys R Us with a ferris wheel?  I didn't.  With these totally decked-out sections for LEGO's, Barbies, babies, Candy Land, Willy Wonka, etc, my four younger siblings had a blast.
  
  When we were becoming a bit on-edge with frustration at the city, coming here totally changed our attitude.  Despite it being ten years, mostly Ground Zero is still just ruins, though they are building over it.  It reminded us of how grateful we are for our freedom and our lives.

No comments:

Instagram