Newport, Rhode Island

  Before going to Boston, my family got to briefly visit Newport.  

  I told Mom that the beach of the Outer Banks had spoiled me.  Unfortunately this beach had lots of seaweed and was flooded was people, unlike how it had been in North Carolina.  
  After walking around a little, we discovered this.  It looked like blood!  But it was lots of this red seaweed being tossed up.
  While the Dad stayed with Adam and the two little ones at the beach, Mom, Rachel, Livy and I took the cliff walk.  I think they had more fun back at the beach because Adam (a fantastic architect/engineer) built this.
  It was gorgeous.
   And it was really funny because both me and Rachel could remember coming here as toddlers and seeing a dead whale!
   Afterwards we stopped at this little place for a cheap but delicious seafood dinner.
  And one of my very favorite parts was the mansions.  Built in the Victorian era by some of the wealthiest families in the world, they were amazing.  Huge and beautiful.  If only I could've gone inside!

  Smallest state in the U.S.- check!   

No comments:

Instagram