Dance from My Lips

  Since whoever was supposed to perform today backed out, the ward music director contacted me and asked for me to sing today in sacrament meeting as I had been hoping to do since November.   I did Come Thou Fount once again with Ashlyn, Georgia at the piano {we've done it four times  now in Seminary, but there's only one person in my ward who'd heard it, so I figured why not do it a fifth time?}.  We were all excited, until I woke up with a sore throat and Ashlyn didn't wake up till after the time we said we'd meet up.
  But when the time came for us to perform, and the first note left my lips, all worries dispersed.  I sang with ease, and Ashlyn sounded beautiful.  Despite being before hundreds of people, I couldn't help but smile with an explosion of joy and adrenaline, and the Spirit seeping into my soul.  It was even slightly disappointing when Georgia rolled out the last little chord.
  What felt really weird was afterwards, for the rest church when I couldn't walk five seconds without someone stopping me.  Mom and Dad said the same thing happened to them.  Apparently I need to audition for American Idol... Yeah, I will admit I hadn't really expected that.
  But I've decided I want music to be a major part of my life.  I just love it so much, especially when it is intertwined with testimony of the glory of God.

No comments:

Instagram