Today was me and Rachel's friend Savannah's 14th birthday party. There were lots of girls there, most of whom were in eighth grade but I still knew them anyway because of Rachel. Anyway, we ate waffles and played Bunco for a while, then screwed around on the Michael Jackson version of JustDance and played the "Haha" game and Sardines.
Am I a party girl? Heck yeah!
But when I got home, I found out that Whitney Houston died. She was a big 80's and 90's singer, so the only reason I even know who she was was because of just one song I've heard her sing. But that song happens to be When You Believe from The Prince of Egypt, with Mariah Carey, and it is one of my all-time favorites.
Was she a party girl? Heck yeah.
And it killed her. Whitney Houston died from drug overdose, just like countless others, including Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Amy Winehouse, and Judy Garland. How sad that so many people who had so much managed go fall prey to something like that.
So while I will still have fun and enjoy life, I will always set a limit to my party.
About Me
Katie Urness
SLP, Wife, and Mama
Welcome to Kate of the Desert! I've shared my life stories here since 2008. Here you may find the dramatic musings of an 11-year-old, the romanticized tales of a high schooler, the adventures of a young adult living in Hawaii and Europe, the journeys of marriage and motherhood, and all the ups and downs in between. Read More
Popular Posts
-
Nothing steals the breath quite like the vivacious colors of the American southwest: the rusty red rocks provide shocking contrast to ...
-
It all started with a thorn bush. We moved into the home in Orem in November, 2019. Dallin and I had only been married since May, and our f...
-
I love Vienna more than almost any city in this whole world. Schonbrunn Perhaps it's old sentiment; perhaps it's the g...
Search This Blog
Blog Archive
Recent Posts
-
With less than 2 months to go until baby brother arrives, I've been soaking in time with my firstborn. Beckham is 2, and being pregnant...
-
Although we have lived in Utah for 8 years, this was the first time we ever spent Christmas here. With my due date nearing, we decided to st...
-
By the end of pregnancy, it was just a waiting game wondering if baby was going to come closer to 37 weeks or 41. My nesting checklist was h...
-
Walker is nearly 5 months old, and after spending so long looking forward to January when I would finally get to meet him, I honestly can...
No comments:
Post a Comment