The Normal Kind of Saturday

  I didn't realize till today that my Saturdays are different then they once used to be.  Nowadays I'll spend my Saturday time doing nothing but screwing around in my room, attempting to write, draw, or possibly my homework, and then resorting to snacking on Trader Joe's Maple and Brown Sugar Frosted Shredded Bite-Sized Wheats straight from the box {it does have quite a lot of protein and dietary fiber!} while the rest of my family goes off doing their own things- play rehearsals, video games, etc.- which I don't usually pay much attention to.  In other words, Saturday has become more of the time-waster day.
  Today, for some reason, felt more like the Saturdays we used to have.  I'd kind of forgotten about them.  Anyway, I slept in to a good, not-too-late time, made breakfast for me and Sophie, and did my chores after a little while.  Then we all went to Eric's soccer game, all eight of us.  Although my siblings did bicker a bit too much for my liking, it felt so good for us all to go out and support Little Buddy.  Even if he didn't win.  Then we got slushies at Sonic for Happy Hour, and then we went to Costco.  We only bought four little things, but it took an hour because we went around the entire giant store trying all the samples.  In the evening, I went to the Haymores with the boys and made money babysitting.  Oh, and I actually picked up a book for the first time in a few months too.
  It was actually a really nice day!

No comments:

Instagram