Robbed Life

  For a project in English, Rachel has to create a PowerPoint for a campaign.  The topic she decided to research was animal abuse.  After reading even the first paragraph of one article she found, I was in tears.
  Literally.
  The article described the terrible circumstances of which millions of animals die.  Many for food, others for fur, for sport, for no reason at all except that they weren't needed to live.  And in many cases, they suffer the most horrid of deaths- being torn from their mothers only hours from birth and being forced to remain absolutely still, being skinned or ground to pieces alive,  being beaten with clubs. I hate- no, loathe- to even write it here.
  And that's just the thing.  I'm so completely repulsed, how couldn't everyone else in the world be?  Yes, everyone dies and their is a food web that is absolutely natural and involving the death of other organisms.  But this is not natural.  No creature on the face of the whole earth should be born merely to die, as what seems to be the case here.  Everyone should receive the God-given benefit of at least trying to live out a full and happy life {though there will always be illness and accidents}.  And again, eating meat is fine, but not when the animal being slaughtered for that purpose is still only a baby!  
  I guess what just frustrates me the most is how blind people clearly are.  Just because these animals aren't human doesn't mean that they aren't living, breathing organisms who have a conscience and feel love, fear, pain!  God gave us dominion over the earth and its creatures, but I feel like what is happening now is major abuse of that power.  What happened to compassion, to understanding, to merely taking a second to see something from someone else's point of view?
  Who do we think we are?

No comments:

Instagram