Flying Inclines {Ski Trip 2013}

  I think I'm just gonna keep writing stuff on my bucket list.  Because within two days after writing "skiing" on my bucket list, out of 100% coincidence Daddy pulled me aside and said, "Hey, lets have you ditch school and learn how to ski."

   We left on Sunday and drove up to northern AZ to a resort snuggled in forest.  It was late when we got there with the eight of us and some old family friends, so mostly we just hung around.  Outside a hot tub streamed, so we took a dip.  Not before checking off one more thing on my bucket list-- rolling around in the snow in a tankini.  My whole backside was numb.
In the mountains, the night is dark.  So we brightening it with crackling sparklers.  Sophie scowls at this picture, but I think it's cute, if slightly crazy.
 
 On Monday Dad, Rachel, Adam and I got up fairly early with Brian, Tyler, and LeAnne and drove to the ski resort.  Snow blanketed the earth is a quilt of crystals, the sun flickering off the white flakes blindingly.
Since I have never gone skiing before, at first I was wobbling wildly and couldn't step once without falling flat.  But after a half-hour or so I finally caught on and was able to go down the bunny slope, and then the legit one.  It was exhilarating, the wind whipping my face and tugging my hair as I zipped precariously down a mountain.  I vowed never again to go down the biggest slope after having to force Brian to help me down the practically-vertical incline, but hopefully I can get over that eventually.  They had just failed to tell me this slope would be so precarious, and as a first-time skier who isn't all that professional at stopping, it was just a wee bit frightening to see sheer drops that would be my death if I couldn't halt a half-second quick enough.  But aside from that...  I can't wait for the next chance to ski!  Ready for the Y?  I'd say yes.

No comments:

Instagram