Χαίρετε


I thought all the birthday excitement was over, but Tuesday brought new surprises in the mail.  My clever family sent a Chicago Cubs snapback, meanwhile I received a second letter from Dallin.  While October in Hawaii brings heavy rains that result in flooded buildings-- I was in a computer lab for web design and had to dive to the floor to elevate equipment literally three seconds before it met its death by water; three of my professors let us leave early-- Dallin is experiencing his first real fall in Illinois.  So what did he send my way, but an envelope of multicolored leaves!
  Ah, but this was not all.  I'll admit I was rather taken aback when my eyes met the Greek letters written precariously on the page.  For a split second I thought I was experiencing some sort of strange dyslexia, because my American-born, English-speaking-mission boy does not speak Greek.  I for one certainly don't.
  So a code-cracking night it was to be!  How mysterious and enticing.
  It took probably took two hours to pluck each and every single foreign character into a Word Document using the symbols tool and then try to translate it with google.  My first attempt resulted in a few sentences of gibberish, but finally I corrected the mistakes and had a cleanly solved message.
  I don't think I have ever smiled so big at a letter in my life.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the picture of you in your hat with the leaf! Glad you had such a great birthday!

Instagram