The longer I waited for my mission call, the more jittery I became. I checked the mail so many times starting Tuesday that by round three on Friday, the people working had to tell me not to come back that day, and when Saturday came, I was beginning to think that if I opened my mailbox it would still be empty. So when my eyes fell upon that big white envelope, I let out a squeal. I called everyone I knew, hands shaking, voice high-pitched, giddier than any five-year-old on Christmas morning.
When it was finally time to round up all the schoolmates in Hawaii and all the family friends at my house in Arizona, my stomach was twisting and I didn't know if I could even open it.
My fingers certainly didn't think I could, since I could hardly open the envelope. I refused to accidentally skip ahead, so I covered it with my hand. Oh gosh, this was it! This was the moment that would tell me about the next year-and-a-half of my life.
Dear Sister Lundgreen, you are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You have been assigned to labor in
the Alpine German-speaking mission.
I will fly to the England MTC March 10, 2016. My mission covers parts of Germany, Switzerland, Austria, and Liechtenstein!
I honestly still can't get over it. I've looked at so many pictures from this region of Europe and yet I'm still stunned every time I remember that I will be living in and the serving the people of one of the most beautiful places of the world. Am I terrified? Yeah, I don't know a lick of German and I have a hard time talking with strangers. I haven't lived in the snow since I was five and I have some huge expectations that come with being a missionary. Yet I am so happy. I know that the Lord knows my heart, and this is honestly just a dream come true. I cannot wait to give God all I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment