November Rains

   Please forgive my inability not to scroll through old photos.


just cause I miss my fam
  There are loved ones in the far off places of Arizona, Illinois and Utah that I miss more than they can know.  But I am so happy, each day meeting new people and going on new adventures.  I have taken trips to Haleiwa for surf competitions and acai bowls... wrestled with waves in the rain at Pounders beach... stargazed at the Point and night swam fully clothed...
   This week I have been slammed busy with projects, but I am so honored to have been asked by three different people to do design work!  This has never happened to me before, and how exciting it is to think that these are the first steps towards my future career! One of the people was recruiting me for Enactus, which from what I gather is a humanitarian organization which aims to promote self-sustainability, local economy and other such causes in poor parts of the world.  It's surreal, beginning to be a part of something I had only dreamed of before.
   I also have been rewatching the Star Wars saga to get ready for Episode VII next month-- WOW if I thought I loved it in elementary school, that was nothing compared to how much I love it now.  Then last night I stayed out late with pretty much the whole school at the theatre seeing Mockingjay Part 2.  When the credits rolled around,I felt like I was saying bye to a little piece of my childhood.  I've been a fan of The Hunger Games since seventh grade, and for six years I have been reading for hours on end, attending midnight premiers, getting into intense discussing, and looking at various fan artworks/videos with Rachel way after our parents told us to go to bed.  Now it's all over.
    Next week is Thanksgiving, but I'm debating putting up my Christmas decorations early.  It may be Hawaii but with so much wind and rain, I've been wearing flannel and beanies, drinking strawberry-cream hot chocolate, and craving that Michael Buble's holiday albumn because it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  {Sorry I couldn't resist.}


No comments:

Instagram