Ironically, I received a superior score on my analytical skills when I took the CCTST last week, so you'd think that I'd be able to apply it to my real life and analyze just so I can know the way things REALLY are, not the way I hypothesize them to be in my mind.
This week has had a lot of plain ME time. Although slightly disappointed I didn't get to explore all the nooks and crannies of this island like I planned, I've enjoyed some great relaxation, discovering beautiful new sights within walking of where I live. I've gotten up early and jogged to the Point to watch the sunrise; laid out on the beach with a book; written fiction at a gazebo in an ancient cemetery; strolled through the forest following baptisms at the temple. I love the sensation of waves lapping at my legs and sand sifting through my toes, the sunshine beating and and the breeze thick with salt. This week the words have finally broken through the stubborn dam in my brain and trickled through my fingers as I've written pages and pages of my novel, listening to the beautiful Game of Thrones soundtrack while I do so {I've never seen it but wish I could}. Maybe today will offer adventures, but maybe it won't-- and that's okay, because my imagination creates plenty.




No comments:
Post a Comment